At SolidProfessor, we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services, and websites offered by Interactive Applications Inc. DBA-SolidProfessor or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, SolidProfessor’s “services”).
View the SolidProfessor Privacy Shield Statement
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website at: https://www.solidprofessor.com/contact-us/.
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a SolidProfessor Account or other SolidProfessor service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other SolidProfessor services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to SolidProfessor, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites – We offer some of our services in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to SolidProfessor in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – SolidProfessor may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
SolidProfessor processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. SolidProfessor may use the personal information you provide us for a variety of purposes, including registration, authentication, and marketing purposes. We may use the information to inform you of special offers, upgrades, and other products and services that may be of interest to you.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case SolidProfessor may not be able to provide those services to you.
SolidProfessor does not share personal business information with other companies except our 3rd party vendors when required. The information made available to SolidProfessor includes: information voluntarily supplied by visitors to the website, tracking information recorded as visitors navigate through the website, and vendor-supplied information obtained with your permission. We provide opt-out options within all electronic communications.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy, and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of SolidProfessor, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data at: https://www.solidprofessor.com/contact-us/.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to SolidProfessor employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
SolidProfessor processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use SolidProfessor services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information, either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests.
SolidProfessor regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or SolidProfessor’s treatment of personal information by contacting us at: https://www.solidprofessor.com/contact-us/. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between SolidProfessor and an individual.
Changes to this policy
Section 508 compliance
SolidProfessor is committed to providing Section 508 accessibility for our member community to ensure they have an enjoyable learning experience. In 2011, we started adding closed captioning in our course material, and as of 2016, we’ve committed to including closed captioning in all of our new course releases.
Closed captioning allows members with hearing loss to learn and engage in our course material. Additionally, our hands-on exercises and downloadable materials include descriptions and other aids to help users complete the lessons through written instruction.
SolidProfessor is committed to continually investigating and initiating new technologies to support 508 compliance in our online, video-based training. Our goal is to provide the best learning experience for all of our members.